MS.Add.7894: Letters from M.R. James, 1921-1936, 1 volume.
MS.Add.7895: Miscellaneous papers, 1905-1968, 2 boxes.
1. Notebook, September 1908, including notes on Aristophanes and, at the back of the volume, on the Cambridge Civil Defense Organisation, 1944.
2. Folder, 1920, containing notes on and a translation of Aristophanes, Wasps, and correspondence with publishers, 1958, concerning a prose translation for schools by Scholfield of seven comedies by Aristophanes.
3. Notebook, undated, on Aristophanes's plays.
4. Envelope marked 'Aristophanica', containing drafts of notes for Scholfield's translations of plays by Aristophanes.
5. Notebook, 1910, on classical subjects, including notes on a lecture on Persius by A.E. Housman.
6. Notebook, 1912, containing notes on churches in Milan, Bologna and elsewhere, and on Horace, Epodes and Carmen Saeculare.
7. Notebook, 'A.F.S. 1912 U.L.C.', including schemes for cataloguing authors (Aristotle, Virgil, Cicero and Dante) for a library, possibly the Imperial Library, Calcutta, and memorandum as officiating Librarian of the Imperial Library, Calcutta.
8. Notebook, 1919, containing notes on canonical hours and other liturgical subjects.
9. Notebook, undated: working translation of Valerius Flaccus, Argonautica I&II, with notes and references.
10. Envelope containing a translation of Valerius Flaccus, Argonautica I (manuscript and Loeb Classical Library instructions for translators).
11. Notebook, 1926: translation of Valerius Flaccus, Argonautica III, with notes and references.
12. Notebook, 1921: textual criticisms and notes of Horace, Odes IV.
13. Envelope marked 'Appolonius Rhodius', containing references to occurences of various words in the Argonautica.
14. Notebook, 1954: Aelian, De natura animalium; apparatus criticus to books VI. 38 XVII, based on the Teubner text of R. Hercher (1864); (reversing the volume) an address by Cambridge University to King George V upon the death of Queen Alexandra, 1925, composed by A.E. Housman, and copied in Scholfield's hand from the Cambridge University reporter, 1925-1926, p. 442; and an index to Appolonius Rhodius, Argonautica.
15. Notebook, undated, containing an index of certain words occurring in Apollonius Rhodius, Argonautica.
16. Miscellaneous undated notes on classical words and references, including a list of classical subjects apparently by A.E. Housman.
17/1. Draft, possibly in the hand of J.C.T. Oates, afterwards Under-Librarian, for the list of contents for the collection of offprints on classical subjects by A.E. Housman that were presented to the University Library by A.S.F. Gow in 1936, and were subsequently bound in 3 volumes (now S706.b.90.1-3).
17/2. A note, 'Housmania', by A.S.F. Gow from the Classical review, n.s., XII, no. 2, June 1962, pp. 161-162, reviewing John Carter's edition of A.E. Housman's Selected prose (Cambridge 1961), referring to Housman's wish that 'none of my writings which have appeared in periodical publications shall be collected or printed in any shape or form'.
18. Envelope containing papers connected with Scholfield as examiner for the Winchester Reading Prize (1939-1946), with lists of candidates, suggested passages and other papers.
19. Note from Edward Beck, Master of Trinity Hall, to Scholfield, 1 June 1905.
20/1. Bank pass book with the Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China (Calcutta Office), 1912-1918.
20/2/1. Postcard, 9 March 1928, from 'H.B.' to A.S.F. Gow, with a Latin verse, found among offprints sent by Gow to Scholfield.
20/2/2. Letter from John F. Crace to Scholfield, undated, about A.S.F. Gow's memoir of Sir Stephen Gaselee, K.C.M.G., 1943, in Proceedings of the British Academy, vol. xxx, 1944.
20/2/3. Letter from W.C. Helmbold to Scholfield, 3 June 1953, concerning Aelian, De natura animalium.
20/3. Envelope containing Union menus, 26 November - 1 December 1909, with an accompanying note in Scholfield's hand.
Copies of published obituaries of Scholfield by A.N.L. Munby, from the King's College Cambridge annual report, November 1970, pp. 19-23, and by J.C.T. Oates, from Transactions of the Cambridge Bibliographical Society, 5 (1969-1971), pp. 152-153.
21/1. Bundle of menus, 1906-1929.
21/2. Bundle of menus, 1930-1959.
21/3. Bundle of menus, 1924-1927 and undated.
22. Book containing letters from Richard White to Scholfield, 1957-1968.
23. Letter from A.N.L. Munby concerning money guaranteed by Scholfield for the purchase of a manuscript by King's College Library, 1963.
24. Summary catalogue of manuscripts in Christ's, Clare, Jesus and Trinity Colleges, 23 July 1920.
25. Bundle of letters to Scholfield on his appointment as University Librarian, 1923.
26. List of University Librarians, arranged by colleges, for portraits, compiled April 1917.
27. Notebook, 1924, containing entries on various matters, both personal and concerned with Library business, arranged alphabetically on loose-leaf sheets.
28. Book, dated 10 March 1926, containing Librarian's Standing Orders and Regulations, incomplete series.