Parish Rate Book for the parish of Pennant consisting of the names of farms and small holdings as well as names of farmers and owners with details of rent and rateable value etc.
Pennant Parish Rate Book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb222-bmsspprb
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 222 BMSS PPRB
- Dates of Creation1839-1841
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Pennant parish is located in the county of Montgomeryshire. The parish was a major instrument of local government and tax collection with responsibility for poor relief, maintenance of highways and law and order, which continued until local governmentreforms in the late nineteenth century.
Incorporated into the General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users.
Description compiled by Elen Wyn Simpson, April 2004.
Other Finding Aids
A typescript catalogue is available at the Archives Department of the University of Wales Bangor. Reference number : General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts 750
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.