Includes several contributions (prose and poetry) by Geoffrey Hill, as well as reports of his school activities
Extracts from Bromsgrove County High School magazine relating to the poet Geoffrey Hill
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS 20c Hill
- Dates of Creation1947-1948
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 envelope (18 ff.). Printed pages (photocopy) with some manuscript annotation (by the donor).
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Geoffrey Hill was born in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire in 1932. After teaching for many years at the universities of Leeds and Cambridge, he moved to the United States in 1988, and now holds the post of Professor of Literature and Religion at Boston University. His volumes of poetry have received critical acclaim and he has been awarded numerous honours and prizes, including the Hawthornden Prize in 1969 and the Whitbread Award in 1971. In 1996 he was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Access is unrestricted
The gift of Ms Anne Gledhill, 21 February 2002