Consists of letters and proofs relating to the translated work of Tomas Tranströmer.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 186 BXB/1/1/TRT
- Dates of Creation1987 - 2011
- Physical Description2 boxes
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Tomas Tranströmer was born in 1931 in Stockholm, where he grew up, but spent many long summers on the island of Runmarö in the nearby archipelago, evoking that landscape in his early work, which draws on the aesthetic tradition of Swedish nature poetry. His later poetry is more personal, open and relaxed, often reflecting his broad interests: travel, music, painting, archaeology and natural sciences. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2011.