Personal papers and publications belonging to Barbara Lea, missionary in central Africa with the London Missionary Society, relating to her service between 1945 and 1976.
Papers of Barbara Lea
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-ms381275
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 381275
- Dates of Creationc.1911-1970s
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Daisy Barbara Lea was born on 30 Oct 1918, at Coventry. She trained at Birmingham General Hospital and Carey Hall. She was appointed to Kawimbe, Central Africa, with the London Missionary Society in 1945, and sailed on 13 May 1946. She served at Kawimbe, 1946-1966, and at Abercorn, 1966-1976. She retired on 31 August 1976.
Conditions Governing Access
Donated to SOAS Library by Hilary Jefferies, niece of Barbara Lea, in September 2015.