Includes material relating to Ferguson-Smith's publications and intended publications. It represents a very incomplete record of Ferguson-Smith's extensive published output although there is documentation of some of his most notable works. Ha been divided into:
- Prenatal Diagnosis;
- Other editorial correspondence.
As the Malcolm Ferguson Smith correspondence section is particularly large it has been divided into the following series, each with its own separate description:
- UGC 188/3/1, correspondence from 1959-1961;
- UGC 188/3/2, correspondence from 1961-1964;
- UGC 188/3/3, correspondence from 1965-1975;
- UGC 188/3/4, correspondence from 1976-1980;
- UGC 188/3/5, correspondence from 1981-1983;
- UGC 188/3/6, correspondence from 1984-1987;
- UGC 188/3/7, correspondence from 1987-1998;
- UGC 188/3/8, correspondence from 1998-2002;
- UGC 188/3/9, correspondence with Victor Almon McKusick;
- UGC 188/3/10, correspondence with Jennifer A Marshall Graves;
- UGC 188/3/11, references and recommendations.