Letter book, 1870-1871, with copy of Addington Venables,bishop of Nassau: a sketch of his life and labours for the church of God,by W. Francis Henry King (London, W.W. Gardner, 1877).
Papers by Addington Venables
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.w.ind.s.68
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. W. Ind. s. 68
- Dates of Creation1870-1871, 1877
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 volumes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Addington Robert Peel Venables (1827-1876), nephew of Sir Robert Peel, wasBishop of Nassau and the Bahamas including The Turks and Caicos Islands, 1864-1876. A promoter ofAnglo-Catholicism, he was the first Bishop to be made a member of the Society of the Holy Cross.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.