Papers of the Tomkins family, including accounts, papers relating to wills, and a volume of extracts relating to the history of Abingdon, general history and current affairs.
Papers of the Tomkins Family of Abingdon
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Berks. c. 59, d. 42-3, e. 26-7
- Dates of Creation1693-1862
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Tomkins family of Abingdon, Berkshire (now Oxfordshire).
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought at Sotheby's in 1981.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.