5 photocopied letters to 'My darling Wally' (6 February 1915, nd); 2 photocopied letters to Mrs Ascroft, from Thomas K.B. Levinson and an unknown correspondent, both regarding the death of R.G.L. Ascroft (4 September 1915, 3 July 1915); 2 photocopied press cuttings (15 June 1915); 5 photocopied photographs (1914, nd); Photocopy of Charterhouse Cadet Corps (Officers' Training Corps) Regulations (January 1911); Photocopied letter and papers relating to commission (31 July 1914).
Robert Ascroft papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 002
- Dates of Creation1911-1915
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material (all photocopy).
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Robert Geoffrey Lees Ascroft, educated at Charterhouse, as 2nd Lieutenant, 10th (Oldham) Battalion, Manchester Regiment, served in Egypt/Palestine, 1914-1915, and was killed at Gallipoli on 4 June 1915.
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by J. Medrington (great-niece).
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available