A collection of some 500 manuscripts in ca 180 languages. The majority are missionary translations of the Bible, some sponsored and published by the Society, some unpublished. Other manuscripts were donated to the Society, which are mostly Bible texts, but also include copies of the Koran, Buddhist texts, and a history of Mexico. From BSMS 651 onwards there are various other manuscripts donated to, or purchased by, the Bible Society Library.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 374 BFBS/BSMS
- Dates of Creation300-1950
- Language of MaterialEnglish .
- Physical Description40 linear metre(s) paper, vellum, palm leaves; manuscript; photograph
Scope and Content
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Other Finding Aids
A catalogue of the collection can be found on ArchiveSearch.
British and Foreign Bible Society