Annual reprts as district commissioner for Lango District, Northern Province,Uganda, 1955-1958.
Papers of B.L. Jacobs
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.afr.s.2227
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 2227
- Dates of Creation1955-1958
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 folders
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
B.L. Jacobs (b 1918) was educated at Mercers' School, served in the military,1939-1946, gaining the rank of Major. He took a post as an administrativecadet, Uganda, 1947, assistant district officer, 1949, district officer, 1954,district commissioner, 1955 and senior district officer, 1961. He was on the staff at Makerere University College, 1961-1965. After his retirement, hewas appointed administrative training expert, Basutoland, 1965.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.