The series contains correspondence regarding the conferment of the Medal, correspondence regarding purchase of the Medal; and a press release.
1977 – Professor W. Simon
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 891 RAS TGM/29
- Dates of Creation1976 - 1977
- Name of Creator
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Ernest Julius Walter Simon was born in Berlin in 1893, being educated at the University of Berlin, and lived there until 1934 when he moved to London. He worked in both London and Berlin as a Lecturer and Professor in Chinese and was expert in Chinese and Tibetan linguistics.
The Material has been divided into sub-series thus;
- RAS TGM/29/1 - Correspondence regarding the conferment of the Medal
- RAS TGM/29/2 - Correspondence regarding the purchase of the Medal
- RAS TGM/29/3 - Press Release