- a chronological list of world rulers, notables and remarkable events from the Creation to 1753, compiled by John Loveday the elder, n.d. [late 18th century], with an index of names
- notes by Thomas Loveday on his father, John Loveday the younger (d 1809), including an account of his death and funeral, 1810-16.
Papers of John Loveday the elder and of Thomas Loveday
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. d. 1355-6, e. 1520
- Dates of Creationlate 18th-century, 1810-16
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Loveday the elder (1711-1789) was a philologist and antiquarian. Thomas Loveday (fl 1810-16) was the son of John Loveday the younger (d 1809).
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk).
Given to the Library in 1986.
Collection level description created by Susan Thomas, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Bought at the sale of Bishop D.G. Loveday's Library, 26 November 1985.