Correspondence, diaries and literary papers of Dobell, including literary papers relating to the poet James Thomson (1834-1882).
Papers of Bertram Dobell
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Dobell a. 1, c. 1-60, d. 1-18, e. 1-71, f. 1-28, g. 1-2
- Dates of Creationc. 1820-1914
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description180 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Bertram Dobell (1842-1914) was a bookseller and man of letters. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections)
Bought, with a collection of printed books and MS. Ch. London & Middlesex 588, from Rosemary Dobell, 1972
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 38445-624.