Essex notes and collections by Andrew Clark, including material relating to Great Leighs.
Essex Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.top.essexc.15,e.6/1-11,e.7,e,8/1-6,e.9/1-3,e.10/1-3,e.11/1-13,e.11/15,e.12,e.14-29,e.29,e.30-41,e.43
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Essex c. 15, e. 6/1-11, e. 7, e, 8/1-6, e. 9/1-3, e. 10/1-3, e. 11/1-13, e. 11/15, e. 12, e. 14-29, e. 29, e. 30-41, e. 43
- Dates of Creation1867-1914
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description70 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Andrew Clark (1856-1922) was rector of Great Leighs, Essex, and an antiquary.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The volumes were presented to the Library by Andrew Clark, 1907-14.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, nos. 33771-89, 35193-8, 35688-712, 36287-300, 36698-703.