- /1 Chemistry III Vol. I. 1st year Honours. 1906-1907.
- /2 Chemistry III Vol II Session 1906-1907.
- /3 Chemistry III. Book III. Session 1906-7.
- /4 Chemistry III Lectures (First years Honours). Book IV. Session 1906-7.
- /5 Chemistry III Book V. Session 1906-7.
- /6 Lectures on Organic Chemistry (advanced course, chem VII) (3rd year Honours Chemistry Course). Session 1908-9.
- /7 Physical Chemistry. (Chem. V.). 1909.
- /8 miscellaneous notes and abstracts; chiefly in the departments of Dynamics and Thermodynamics. 1911-1912.
- /9 Lectures III, inorganic chemistry. N.d. (In poor condition).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 SLN/3
- Dates of Creation1906-1912
- Physical Description9 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
James Partington was a distinguished chemist. He studied chemistry at the University in Manchester between 1906-1911, graduating with a B.Sc. and a M.Sc. (adding a D.Sc. in 1918). professor of chemistry at East London College/Queen May College from 1919 to 1951. Partington was also a distinguished historian of science, and author of A History of Chemistry, published in four volumes between 1961-1970. partington bequeathed his important library to the University of Manchester Library.