Keyes Papers. Vol. cxxxi. Other Operation ZO/VS papers; 4 May 1918– 9 Feb. 1931, n.d.
1. Honours and promotions; 4 May 1918 – 9 Aug. 1920, n.d. Papers relating to recommendations for honours and promotion, chiefly relating to personnel who took part in Operations ZO and VS.
2. Despatches; 9 May 1918 – 2 March 1920. Partly printed. Extracts from Keyes’s despatches and supplements to the London Gazette, including reports of the actions, honours awarded, and Keyes’s corrections to errors in the published despatches.
3. Memorandum by Capt. Alfred Carpenter on The Glory of Zeebrugge, by Lt Keble Howard. With letter from Howard to Carpenter; 11 May – 3 July 1918.
4. ‘Blocking Operations’; 14 May 1918. Paper by Lt-Cdr F. H. Sandford on improvements to future blocking operations based on lessons learned from Operations ZO and VS.
5. Capt. Alfred Carpenter’s lecture tour; 22 Jan. 1919 – 9 Feb. 1931. Partly printed. Papers relating to claims made by Capt. Carpenter during a lecture tour of the United States in 1919, and at a lecture in Coventry in 1931. Includes souvenir programmes of New York’s tribute to Carpenter. See also Add. 82377 and Add. 82506 A.
6. Papers relating to the claims of Edward Lille of Belgium of having brought the idea of blockading Ostend to the attention of the Admiralty; 4 Jan. 1921 – 21 Feb. 1922. Partly printed.
7. Memorials; 27 Nov. 1924 – 24 Jan. 1931. Partly printed, partly French. Papers relating to memorials to Operation ZO at Zeebrugge. For photographs of memorials in Zeebrugge and Canterbury, and a photograph of the grave of Capt. Godsal who was killed during Operation VS see Add. 82507.
8. File covers, annotated by Keyes; [1918?].