Keyes Papers. Vol. clxxxvii. Other papers: military and naval papers; 1914-1943, n.d.
1. The Curragh Incident; 1914. Papers of Hubert de la Poer Gough relating to the Curragh Incident when officers at the Curragh Camp refused to prepare to act against the Ulster Volunteer Force should the latter react violently to the Home Rule Bill. Contains reports of interviews and press-cuttings. Partly printed, partly typewritten.
2. ‘The Bad Child’s Book of ADCs’. Ink drawings of, and verse relating to, Allied General Staff, dated ‘G.H.Q. France, April 1917’.
3. Tank corps special orders; 19 Nov. 1917
4. Text of Lord Jellicoe’s paper on naval strength and the shortage of destroyers; Nov. 1917.
5. ‘How I Won The War’ by Adm. Sir Reginald Shakespeare, cuttings from ‘The Daily Disparager’; 1920. Typewritten.
6. Details of an unidentified brigade’s strength; [betw. 1925-1930].
7. A memorandum to the Senior Naval Officer 1st Squadron on shooting practice; 16 Nov. 1929.
8. Table comparing the naval, air and army estimates for 1930-1933 with those of 1911-1914; [aft. 1933].
9. Loop detection of vessels in the Clyde in 1918. Letter from Sir William Bragg enclosing results of loop detection experiments; 1918-1935.
10. Text of the address by the Archbishop of Canterbury at the funeral of Earl Beatty; March 1936. Typewritten.
11. A paper on improving recruitment and reserves by G. Swayne Thomas, addressed to the Minister for War, Leslie Hore-Belisha; March 1938.
12. ‘Mercantile Marine Subsidy and Speed’, by Vice-Adm. Arthur Waller; 1 May 1939.
13. Notes on the need for a new Board of Admiralty; [193x].
14. ‘Memo to Admiral of the Fleet The Lord Keyes from Commander C.H. Varley R.N. March 27th 1943’. Booklet comprising plans and notes on submarines and prototypes designed by Varley. For Keyes’s correspondence with Varley see Add. 82404.
15. Keyes’s notes on the Norwegian crisis of 1940; 4 Dec. 1941.
16. ‘Navy League and Sea Cadet Corps’; [aft. April 1943]. Memorandum by the Admiral Commanding Reserves and comments [by Keyes?] on the memorandum.
17. Notes on an article by Adm. Richmond; n.d.
18. Notes on destroyers; n.d.
19. A map of Denmark and the Skagerrak, n.d.
20. Map of World War One cemeteries in Flanders; n.d. Printed.
Submarines: Adm. Keyes's papers on submarines: 1907-1933, n.d.