Keyes Papers. Vol. xcii. Miscellaneous submarine papers; 1913-1916, n.d. Partly printed. Contains: a request for officers to receive petrol for private cars at the Government contract price; papers relating to a naval war conference which was due to take place a week before war was declared; papers on Grand Fleet operations in Sept. 1914; an order from Keyes to have a well-known German sympathiser removed from the Harwich area; signals issued by Keyes warning against sailors talking indiscreetly whilst on leave; notification of Keyes’s appointment as a Competent Naval Authority by Adm. Jellicoe, permitting him to institute Courts Martial; submarine service seniority lists; a paper suggesting ways of blocking Ostend; and extracts from a letter relating to the loss of an Australian submarine off Papua New Guinea.
Keyes Papers. Vol. xcii. Miscellaneous submarine papers; 1913-1916, n.d. ...
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 82464
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000247.0x0002be
- Dates of Creation1913-1916
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)