This small collection contains items relating to University College Nottingham at the time whenGertrude Devey was a student, to her own student experiences there, and to the fate of friends whodied in the war. It includes the following items.
- Printed booklet entitled 'University College Nottingham Souvenir', containing pictures, history,and lists of staff and graduates of the college. 1913 (MS 475/1);
- Printed programme for 'Alice in Wonderland', a Christmas pantomime performed by UniversityCollege Nottingham. 1913 (MS 475/2);
- Printed programme for a violin concert at University College Nottingham. 1914 (MS 475/3);
- Invitation card, unaddressed, to a scientific exhibition at University College Nottingham. 1914(MS 475/4);
- Letter to Gertrude Devey from 'Bob' expressing sorrow at the death of 'Bill', a friend of his,presumably during the First World War. 1917 (MS 475/5);
- Newspaper cuttings listing soldiers killed in the First World War. 1917 (MS 475/6-7);
- Invitation card addressed to Cadet S.J. Hartshorne for a University College Nottingham Officers'Training Corps event. Undated (MS 475/8);
- Portrait photograph of three unidentified young men in boater hats. Undated (MS 475/9).