Typescript copy of official diary as government agent, Gonja District, Ghana, 1955-1956,with introduction, map and illustrations.
Official diary of J.C. Anderson
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.afr.s.2317
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 2317
- Dates of Creation1955-1956
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description21 ff.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
J.C. Anderson (b 1921) graduated from Lincoln College, Oxford and served in thearmed forces, 1941-1942, attaining the rank of 2nd lieutenant. He becameassistant district commissioner, Gold Coast, 1942, district commissioner, 1951and administrative officer in the Ghana Civil Service, cl. II, 1956.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.