The collection comprises:
- Minute books, 1904-1961 (MS 591/1).
- Draft minute book, 1920-1924 (MS 591/2).
- Letter book, 1918-1940 (MS 591/3).
- Correspondence relating to accidents, 1941-1966 (MS 591/4).
- File of correspondence concerning the proposed closure of the branch, December 1964-September 1966 (MS 591/5).
- File on the closure of Beeston sidings, 1963-1966 (MS 591/6).
- Other Correspondence, 1947-1984 (MS 591/7).
- Printed items published by the branch, undated (MS 591/8).
- Printed items published by the NUR, 1930-1975 (MS 591/9).
- Printed items published by other bodies, 1967-1973` (MS 591/10).
The collection does not provide a complete record of the branch's business. There are gaps in all series described below, and there are series absent that one might expect to appear in the archive of a trade union. The minute books provide an excellent source of general information about the activities of the branch at the time. The correspondence files reveal as much about the hazards ofworking on the railways as they do about procedures involved in processing member's grievances.