Howard Rogerson's archive covering his life and career in music. Howard studied music at Huddersfield Technical College from 1963 to 1967 and later taught clarinet at Huddersfield Polytechnic/University of Huddersfield between 1986 and 1996. Throughout his career Howard Rogerson has been involved in many different ensembles, orchestras and music organisations and this is reflected in the records. The archive contains:
- 1 file relating to Howard Rogerson's school life (concert programmes and newspaper cuttings, late 1950s-early 1960s)
- 1 file relating to Howard Rogerson's orchestral career
- 1 file relating to the D’Oyly Carte Opera Company (c1971-1975)
- 1 file relating to the Cosmos Quintet
- 1 file relating to the Spohr Trio
- 1 file relating to the North Yorkshire Music Service (c1986-2008)
- 1 file relating to the Music Another Language Project.
- 2 files relating to Howard Rogerson's studies/work at Huddersfield Technical College
- 2 files relating to Palm Court Concert Orchestra (c1978-1988)
- 3 files relating to Music Serenade (c1978-1987)
- 4 files relating to the Aeolian Ensemble (c1988-1996)
- 5 files relating to Settle Orchestra (c1992-2007)
- 11 files relating to Opera North (1978-1988)
- 1 file relating to Howard Rogerson's recital work outside of any of the above groups and ensembles
Each file contains varying amounts of information but records that are common to most files include correspondence and invoices concerning performances by the orchestra/group, concert programmes, promotional materials, reviews, administrative records.
This collection is awaiting full cataloguing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the contents of this collection.