A book of sermons written in 1610. A receipt by John Jones, clerk, to 'Mr Morgan', vicar of Llanhasaph [i.e. Llanasa], 8 December 9 James I , entered in the book suggests that it belonged to Evan Morgan, nephew of Bishop William Morgan. There are tithe and building accounts in the original hand. Later entries include lists of children of the Corwen and Gwyddelwern districts attending a local school, medical recipes and a copy of a brief on behalf of John Jones of Aberdaron, miller. In the middle of the eighteenth century the manuscript belonged to Evan Thomas, Cwmhwylfod.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 8498B
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004398109(alternative) (WlAbNL)0000398109
- Dates of Creation x 
- Language of MaterialWelsh, English, Latin, Greek
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Formerly known as Penybontfawr 2.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 8498B
Alternative Form Available
Digital version available http://hdl.handle.net/10107/5798653 (February 2022)
In the middle of the eighteenth century the manuscript belonged to Evan Thomas, Cwmhwylfod.