Romanes lectures, 1986-2002.
Romanes lectures, University of Oxford
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 7027, Top. Oxon. c. 827
- Dates of Creation1986-2002
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
George John Romanes established a fund in 1891 for an annual lecture on any subject, approved by the Vice-Chancellor, relating to science, art or literature.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The lectures were given to the Library by the University Offices, 1986-2002.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A catalogue of the collection is available online at http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollectionswmss/online/online.htm.