The collection is composed of:
- 1 box of circa 20 glass plate negatives of the All Africa Youth Conference, 1960s, village elders, and the Limuru Conference Centre, Kenya
- 1 file of circa 60 letters relating to the Nigeria / Biafra war, 1969-1970
- 1 file of correspondence and printed matter relating to the National Council of Churches of Kenya, and NCCK Partners election observation work in Kenya, 1990s
- Material relating to Namibia and work in support of the churches, pre-election registration, and the country's independence, 1980s-1990s
- circa 60 black and white photographs featuring Christian work in Kenya in the 1960s and including photographs of Jomo Kenyatta and Julius Nyerere
- circa 60 colour and black and white photographs of election monitoring in Namibia, and Namibian independence day, 1989 and 1990
- circa 80 issues of the Christian newspaper from Kenya, Target
- 1 bound volume of some issues of a similar title, Rock
- 1 bound volume of Assembly Target
- a few issues of the Kiswahili Christian newspaper Lengo
The issues of Target cover the periods mid-1960s to 1970s.
The issues of Assembly Target cover the period Nov-Dec 1975.
The issues of Rock cover the period January 1958-April 1964, with a loose insertion for the date November 1957 (Number 1).
The issues of Lengo cover the period Feb 1976-May 1977.
Some of the black and white photographs (many taken by Stefan Hoerttrich) are mounted on board and feature images on either side. The photographs feature:
- Jomo Kenyatta and Julius Nyerere, 1961
- Julius Nyerere at Nairobi Rally
- Jomo Kenyatta soon after release from prison, Rally in Nairobi
- Nairobi Uhuru (Freedom) Rally being addressed by a 'Prison graduate'
- Booth-Clibborn at Limuru Conference Centre, and several other photographs at the Centre
- Planning Committee of the All Africa Christian Youth Assembly, Kenya 1962
- All Africa Youth Assembly, Nairobi 1962
- Rev. John Mpaaya, Bible Society
- Meeting of the Christian Council of Kenya
- Young ladies of the Kenya YWCA
- Famine relief among Meru tribesmen
- VSO worker with children at Eastleigh Community Centre, and at the Christian Industrial Training Centre
- Old people receiving a good meal at a Christian Centre
- Headmaster of Alliance High School, Kenya
- Opening of St. John's Old People's Home, Pumwani
- United service of witness on Whitsunday, Nairobi 1961
- Kikuyu boys at an emergency village
- Members of the African Israel Church dancing on way to worship
- Children being helped by a food and milk scheme
- East African newspaper, Lengo
- Dispatching the newspaper Target
- School students in Kenya
- Kenyan village life
- Nairobi shanty life
- Mt. Kenya
Many of the letters in the collection are from prominent British politicians of the period.