Written from Winchester. Canon still very weak, and it seems almost a treachery to him to leave him alone. Could her friends, perhaps come over for the day to see her as she has so much to hear and say 'about our Cause'.
Josephine Butler to 'My dear Friend' [Miss Priestman]
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/26/21
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/26/21
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4111
- Dates of Creation25 May 1887
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
25 May [Wed]  'I have brought my dear husband home - his weakness is great.' This refers to their arrival back from the Continent Christmas of 1886, but after such a serious illness the Canon's progress was slow, and JB did not want to leave him except occasionally for the day.