Written from Hamburg. She was so tired they stopped at Hamburg for the day, travelling to Brussels by the night train. They had a successful visit to Malmo with a very crowded meeting; it was for women but men crowded in as well and a great number joined the Federation. The stewardess on the ship asked if someone would explain to her what it was all about, so Miss Wellhaaven, daughter of a Norwegian Poet, stood up and made a speech for her. After that she brewed some 'midnight tea' for the party.
Josephine Butler to George, Stanley and Rhoda
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/27/28
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/27/28
- Former ReferenceGB 106 5239
- Dates of Creation6 Sep 1888
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thursday [6 Sep 1888] Biog: Miss Wellhaaven.