Written from Wimbledon (dictated by Josephine Butler's to her niece Constance Bolton). Her aunt is very ill and asks for her friends' prayers; she has been nursing her for a week. She wants to live 'I haven't time to die dear, when Uncle George's Life is still unfinished'.
Josephine Butler to Miss Priestman.
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/31/02
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/31/02
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4253
- Dates of Creation26 Jan 1892
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Constance Bolton (b.1866) was one of the three daughters of Emily Georgina, youngest sister of JB, now married for the 3rd time to Mr FW Thomas. She was a sister of Rhoda married to Stanley. Constance married later in 1892 Mr Frank Hudson.
'Uncle George's life is still unfinished.' Published under the title of 'Recollections of George Butler' later in that year.
Biog: Constance Bolton