Copy letter. Written from Ambleside. 'I promised a statement of what we have done'. Regarding what they had done in the war of Petitions and Memorials connected with more than 3000 places of worship (Nonconformists). Only about 1000 answered, but the others are not wasted as 'they have aroused attention and excited discussion and enquiry'
Henry J Wilson to the Executive of Northern Counties League, Ambleside
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/12/02
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/12/02
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3482
- Dates of Creation1 Jul 1875
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'I promised a statement of what we have done'
This was in his letter to the Executive of 24 Jun just before he was going on a holiday to the Lake District
Biog: Mr Edmondson