Written from The Close, Winchester. The doctor thinks he is doing well and the liver is resuming work. With envelope.
Rev George Butler to his son George
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/27/38
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4150
- Dates of Creation16 Nov 1888
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'Then Mrs Warburton and Miss Portal called.' 'Geoff Warburton is better and went out today.' The Warburtons and Butlers were obviously near neighbours and friends. See letter of 26 Apr 1887. 'The children are well and 'Bobby' laughs away like anything.' This is a reference to the children of Stanley and Rhoda who were staying with their grandparents. Josephine, b 23 Sep 1887. Bobbie' b 23 Sep 1888 - christened Andrew Stanley but always known as 'Bobbie'. The 1st grandson.