It acknowledges letter of 28 Mar reporting the case of Christina Schafer who complains that 'she was unjustly and illegally detained in the Port Elizabeth Lock Hospital'. The Colonial Secretary is causing enquiry to be made into the said case and the question of a general investigation into the working of the CD Act to be considered.
Colonial Secretary's Office, Cape Town, [subject] 'Administration of the CD Act in Port Elizabeth'
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/32/16
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/32/16
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4759
- Dates of Creation12 Apr 1893
- Physical Description1 item