Written from Winchester (dictated). Encloses receipt for handsome grant to the travelling expenses of friends to the Copenhagen Conference. Prof. Stuart very cheered. Greatly distressed to hear of the death of Alfred Backhouse, as besides loss of a friend it will mean great financial loss to the Federation (see letters of 21 Jan 1873, 10 Mar 1873, 2 May 1873 etc) Would be glad of any information about the surviving members of the family.
Josephine Butler to Mrs Tanner
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/27/29
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4142
- Dates of Creation17 Sep 1888
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'I enclose receipt for your Lausanne grant to the travelling expenses of friends to the Copenhagen Conference.' See letter of 4 Sep 1888 JB to the Miss Priestmans. Biog: Alfred Backhouse.