Postcard. Written from Territet, Vaud. Tells them of the death of Adela (her niece) [See letter of 29 Dec]. She was like her own child. Had a letter from General Booth. How lonely he feels and how he feels for her; 'he is very human'.
Josephine Butler to Miss Annie Priestman
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/29/36
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/29/36
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4217
- Dates of Creation30 Dec 1890
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Postmarked: Territet, 30-XII-90
'Dear Adela passed away on Sunday night'
This was JB's niece, daughter of her brother Charles, who had gone out to Switzerland in the autumn of that year seriously ill with TB.
(see letters of 4, 13, 29 Nov and 29 Dec 1890. Also a letter written in the Dawn about her stay in Switzerland 1 Jan 1891 p 13)
Biog: Adela Grey; General Booth