Written from Winchester. Suggests that the LNA Committee should sanction drawing up on behalf of the LNA a memorial of thanks to Lord Shaftsbury 'for his beautiful pleading for equality in the House of Lords.
Josephine Butler to 'Dearest Friend' [Miss Priestman]
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/23/13
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/23/13
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4002
- Dates of Creation1 Jun 1884
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
1 Jun  no year, but reference to Lord Shaftsbury's speech in the House of Lords means 1883 or 1884. Lord S. 1801-1885. Black edged paper would be for her niece Constance who died Feb 18 1884. (See Note letter of [Jan 24 1884]. Biog: Lord Shaftesbury; Mrs Ormiston Chant.