On the necessity of having women work with prostitutes and the inappropriateness of men engaging in this work.
Josephine Butler to [the 'Shield']
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/03/09
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/03/09
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3473
- Dates of Creation[Apr 1870]
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
[Apr 1870] Copy of a letter undated but probably 1870 as refers to the Acts being administered by War Office.
'Miss Garrett' - JB is referring here to Dr Garrett Anderson who supported the CD Acts
Biog: Rev Bayley (Chaplain Lock Hosp Chatham); Mr Childers; Mr Cardwell; Mr Daniel Cooper of the Rescue Society; Dr Garrett Anderson