Written from Port Elizabeth
'Report of the Select Committee to enquire into the case of Christina Schafer' and the petitions against the first part of the Contagious Diseases Act.
(For previous correspondence on this case see:
- statement written by Mrs F Solly - end of Apr or beginning of May 1892.
- Letter from JF Solly to Miss Conybeare 4 Feb 1893
- Letter from JF Solly to Miss Conybeare 4 Mar 1893
- Submission of the case of Christina Schafer to the Colonial Secretary, Cape Town for enquiry on 28 Mar 1893
- Letter from Miss H Mackintosh to Miss Forsaith 3 Jun 1893
- Reply of Colonial Secretary, Cape Town, 12 Apr 1893
People of Kimberley fighting against the application of the Act there. Asks for some more of Dr Nevin's pamphlets. The main difficulty is that few men are interested and there is little prospect of repeal without them. The World's Women's Christian Temperance Union are holding their conference at Cape Town the coming week and she is to read a paper on the Act