Written from north Devon
Will do her best writing the article. Suggests the title 'The Soldier and his Masters'.
Asks for answers to a few questions:
- 'I don't want to say things incompatible with the facts':
- Is the serious aggravation [of venereal disease] implied by Mr. Balfour real? If real what is the cause?
- Does disease or habitual debauchery affect a man's good conduct marks or promotion? Do the statistics include Officers?
- Any data on variation of disease in different regiments?
- Any data as to the amount of effort and result from any Army Chaplain?