Written from Liverpool. To say that he and Mrs Butler reached Liverpool without any contretemps and to thank them both very much for all their kindness to her which seems to have kept her from catching cold or sustaining any harm. Mr Stansfeld also survived the ordeal; says he shall always remember the evening meeting. Greeted by a telegram on return to say Mr Stuart had been elected to a Professorship of Applied Mathematics at Cambridge.
George Butler to Mrs Wilson
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/13/52
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/13/52
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3807; 460
- Dates of Creation17 Nov 1875
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Biog: Mr Stansfeld; Mr James Stuart; Mr Edmondson.