Written from Liverpool. To say how grateful she would be if Mrs Wilson would say something at the Conference next Thursday in support of her; her support would reassure the ladies who the leave the hall the moment the subject of immoral legislation is brought up.
Josephine Butler to Mrs Wilson
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/20/09
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/20/09
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3921
- Dates of Creation3 Oct 1881
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'The conference on Thursday [i.e. 6 Oct]' For note on this conference and need for support from some repeal friends, see letter of 21 Sep 1881 to Mrs Wilson (Charlotte). Mrs W. Wilson was probably the wife of Mr T. Whitwell Wilson of Newcastle on Tyne, a firm supporter of the Repealers. Biog: Mrs HJ Wilson (Charlotte); Mrs Whitwell Wilson.