Written from Cairo. Accepting an invitation to dine with her and suggesting Sunday.
Kitchener of Khartoum to Mrs Gordon
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/41/65
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/41/65
- Former ReferenceGB 106 5633
- Dates of Creation11 May 
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Kitchener attained title of Kitchener of Khartoum after he had re-occupied Khartoum in 1898, following his victory at Umdurman. The Ishbel Gordon who married the 7th earl of Aberdeen in 1877 would not have been addressed as Mrs Gordon in 1898 by Kitchener.
Biog: Kitchener, Horatio Herbert, 1st earl Kitchener of Khartoum (1850-1916); Mrs Gordon