Written from 419 Wandsworth Road, London SW, (her sister Mrs Thomas' house). Thinks the report done 'admirable'. Wants to speak to her and Mary privately on one or two points about the Continental work.
Josephine Butler to 'dear friend' [Miss Priestman]
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/32/13
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/32/13
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3351
- Dates of Creation[10 Apr 1893]
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Date: Monday. Letter of 6 Apr (JB to Miss Priestman) says: 'I have carefully read through your manuscript Report and quite admire and approve it.
The opening sentence of this letter says: 'I have got second part of your report. I am not sure if you want all sent to Bristol or not'
This looks as if this letter follows fairly closely after that of 6 Apr. 6 Apr is a Thursday, so the Monday afterwards would be 10 Apr.
Biog: Amelie Humbert