Written from Vico Calascione, Naples. 'This is an eventful day for the Cause...I received a kind letter from Mr Stansfeld last night in which he expressed his full confidence that Repeal...would be carried' Describes his attempts to sketch Virgil's tomb [finally successful] and his visit to the Temple of Serapis.
Rev George Butler to George Butler (son)
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/25/07
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/25/07
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4065
- Dates of Creation16 Mar 1886
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
16 Mar 1886. 'This is an eventful day for the Cause.' On 16 Mar Mr Stansfeld moved: 'that in the opinion of this House the Contagious Diseases Acts 1866-1869 ought to be repealed'.Carried without a division (RR 498) Biog: Mr Stansfeld; Cavendish Bentinck.