Postcard. To say that Mr Fowler has given notice of his Bill for 11 Jun.
Secretary of the National Association Mr FC Banks to Mr Wilson
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/04/21a
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/04/21a
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3145a
- Dates of Creation31 May 1872
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'The National Association' - Full title National Association for the Repeal of the CD Acts. This was the central body of the organisation which was divided into geographical areas (such as the Northern Counties League etc.) but the organisation of the South was mainly in its hand. It closed down after the Repeal of the CD Acts in 1886 but appointed a Committee affiliated to the International Federation to keep in touch with developments on the Continent.
It was known as the British Committee and Stansfeld remained as chairman of this Committee till 1893.
Mr Fowler and his Bill - See note in letter of 19 Apr 1872 on Bruce's and Fowler's Bills.
Biog: FC Banks; William Fowler