Photocopy. Written from Territet, Montreux. Expressing her heartfelt thanks for Emily's offer of money to cover the expenses of an invalid carriage with courier so that the Canon need never leave the carriage throughout the journey [£25-30 seems to cover the expenses] Told her again how much she had enjoyed Mrs Sumner's visit. So uplifted and cheered by the news had she been that she has 'actually been able to have two meetings here and at Vevey'. Though she was so weak and could not stand long, the meetings had been great success.
Josephine Butler to Emily [Ford]
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/25/48
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/25/48
- Former ReferenceGB 106 5116
- Dates of Creation6 Dec 1886
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
6 Dec  Biog: Miss Emily Ford; Mrs Ford; Mrs Sumner; Lady Mount Temple.