Written from Pitsmoor, Sheffield. About distribution of the 'Medical Enquirer' [Journal of the Medical Association for the Repeal, a monthly first number Mar 1875], and on Robert Wilson's pamphlet 'Prostitution Suppressible etc.' [the Scotch working man's pamphlet] described by a Sheffield clergyman as 'Polluting to the mind'.
Mr HJ Wilson to the Executive of the Northern Counties League
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/10/20
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/10/20
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3360
- Dates of Creation11 Mar 1875
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
See note 7 Mar 1875 HJ Wilson to Exec Northern Counties League
'The Scotch Working Man's (Robert Wilson's) pamphlet 'Prostitution Suppressible'
The Exec were asked to give their opinion about this pamphlet. The answer given on 22 Mar 1875: 'with one exception, your replies are unfavourable to the circulation of this work. Of course I shall decline the offer he has made'
Biog: Robert Wilson; Dr CA Allbutt; GG Wheelhouse