Draft of letter. Written from Sheffield. Re The 'Mercantile Marine Hospital Service Bill'. Its primary purpose appears to be the compulsory inspection of sailors. After requesting their attention to several points they end with urging upon them 'the duty of opposing tomorrow the second reading of this insidious and dangerous measure'.
HJ Wilson on behalf of the Executive to the MPs in the Northern Counties.
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/10/47
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/10/47
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3373
- Dates of Creation5 Apr 1875
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Mercantile Marine Hospital Service Bill
See note letter of 27 Mar 1875 JB to HJ Wilson
Biog: Mr Thomas Gray (Marine Sec of the Bd of Trade)