Written from Winchester. Bringing forward a suggestion made by his son George, now senior permanent Examiner at the Civil Service Commission for the Public Schools Atlas: 'to have forms without names for class teaching'. Explains that he has been laid up with jaundice for more than 2 months but hopes to go abroad in a week's time. With envelope.
Rev George to Mr Longman (Of Messrs Longman & Co)
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/28/01
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/28/01
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4156
- Dates of Creation5 Jan 1889
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'The Master of Trinity came her to lunch and spent some three hours here today'. Montagu Butler, brother of Canon Butler was Master of Trinity College, Cambridge 1886-1918. Biog: Henry Montagu Butler; George Grey Butler; CJ Longman.