Written from Winchester (dictated). Suggests the best way to help India would be to publish 'a history of our struggle, consisting of simple facts showing how we have had to meet the turning and twisting of Government, their offers of compromise, conspiracy of silence in the Press, the abuse of women speakers etc.' It could be compiled from the whole series of Annual Reports, thus avoiding literary effort, except for a few words of explanation interpolated now and then.
Josephine Butler to [Miss Priestman]
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/26/06
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/26/06
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4099
- Dates of Creation21 Jan 1887
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'My pamphlet is half done and I will send it to you as soon as I can.' 'The Revival and extension of the Abolitionist Cause' Winchester, Doswell, 1887. See further note for letter of JB 15 Jan 1887 and letter of 29 Jan 1887. Biog: Miss Lucy Wilson.