Written from Winchester. She will send her all the answers she gets to her letters about the LNA annual meeting (see note). Says 'It ids all right about Electors singing'. She has been up against Mrs Jacob Bright lately who always asks if she has the 'orders of the Committee to do so and so'.
Josephine Butler to 'Dear Friend' [Miss Priestman]
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/21/59
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/21/59
- Former ReferenceGB 106 5144
- Dates of Creation26 Dec 1882
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'I had better send to you all the answers I get to my letters about LNA meeting for your committee to see'. Correspondence began in 1882 about this meeting: 30 Oct 1882: JB to Mrs Tanner proposing that the annual meeting should be early in the New Year in London. 11 Nov 1882: JB to Miss Priestman about date. 20 Nov 1882: JB to Miss Priestman suggests Feb at St. James. Finally fixed for Tues 13 Feb 1883 at St. James' Hall. Date of this letter therefore probably 26 Dec 1882. Biog: Mrs Jacob Bright.